[Sca-cooks] looking for simple german vigil chow

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Oct 21 11:38:58 PDT 2006

Cailte asked:
  <<< the husband of a former student of mine (sadly passed away
shortly after her laureling) is about to receive his
laurel for bowery (don't know how to spell it -- making
archery schtuff).  it came about quite suddenly but in no
way undeserved.  the ceremony is nov. 12.

i am looking for some simple, period preferred, german
recipes for the vigil chow, as his persona is early
german. >>>

When I saw this, I finished up editing Giano's article on late-period
German sweet things, mentioned on this list recently, and got it
online this morning. I think a number of the recipes in there might
fit your requirements.

Bakng-w-Sugar-art (76K) 10/21/06    “Baking with Sugar in Renaissance
Germany”
                                        by Lord Giano Balestriere.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/Bakng-w-Sugar-art.html

Stefan