[Sca-cooks] It's DUCKS ;-)

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 4 21:13:42 PDT 2006

>> Yum!  I love ducks' eggs-- much tastier than hens' eggs.
>
> Also recommended by Mrs. Beeton for the finest custards, IIRC.
>
> Adamantius

And by friends of mine in this kingdom for baking cakes, particularly of the
angel cake variety, and meringues.  That extra protein goes a LONG way
toward making them really tall and light.  I'd love to try duck egg-whites
in the various cake icings, yumbo!  And what a deep golden mayonnaise and
hollandaise they must make.

I tend to like home-laid eggs anyway, from birds I can pet and love and
whose diets are controllable by people I trust.  Sentimental silly I know.
Wish I was there to help you do eggy things with them!

Pet the ducks for me.

Selene