[Sca-cooks] Unilateral Crown Peerage Decisions- wasRe: Begging a Boon:

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Sep 5 09:47:23 PDT 2006

On 9/5/06, Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net> wrote:
> > There is a reason that happens rarely ;-) While the Crown CAN elevate
> > anyone, the Order is perfectly capable of non-cooperation. In a recent
> > situation in the EK, this was done, and only a couple people showed
> > for the person's vigil, although there were quite a few Peers
> > available to do so if they wished, the person is NOT regarded as a
> > Real Peer (tm) for all that they have the regalia and the letters
> > behind their name, and the political repercussions are still
> > rebounding through the Realm.
>
> Yes. The members of the Order are still finding out how badly the fuss
> and the gossip affected others who were elevated in that time period.
>
> Since, from that description, you could be describing me, as well as a
> few other peers made in that time period.

Lest anyone mistake me, let me clarify specificly that I am NOT
referring to you, or for that matter, Brighid. As you well know, if I
were, I'd say so ;-)

> (Nothing like standing in the hall outside your vigil announcing to
> peers of the Realm passing by... "You don't have to like me, you don't
> have to talk to me, but for god's sake come in and eat some food so we
> don't have to take it home!" Fortunately lots of non-peers DID show up
> for my vigil.)

Wish I could have, but at least I made it for your Writ and your Elevation ;-)

> The East has had some trouble lately with Peers and their associates
> telling new-made peers-- not just the person Phlip is talking about, or
> me-- that they don't deserve to be peers, even if the order was in
> agreement about it.  I don't know if it's something that's been going on
> for years and I only know about it because of my elevation cohort
> talking among themselves, or whether it's gotten worse currently.

Well, the political environment in the East is Byzantine at best.
There's a good reason I've asked you and other friends to block any
cookies you might hear of coming my way. I just don't want to deal
with the unmitigated crap. I'm much happier putzing around with my
forge and my cookery, leaving the politics to the politicians.

> And once people start non-specifically complaining about a particular
> elevation without naming names, that smoky fire drops soot on every
> recent peerage, soot that those who have a grudge enjoy using to blacken
> the name of their grudgee.
>
> --
> -- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa,

Very much agreed. Maybe these folks will grow up and join the rest of
us, eventually ;-)

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Has anyone seen my temper?
I seem to have misplaced it at Stalag XXXV....