[Sca-cooks] Unilateral Crown Peerage Decisions- wasRe: Begging a Boon:

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Tue Sep 5 22:25:26 PDT 2006

>On 9/5/06, Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise wrote:
>  > > There is a reason that happens rarely ;-) While the Crown CAN elevate
>>  > anyone, the Order is perfectly capable of non-cooperation. In a recent
>>  > situation in the EK, this was done, and only a couple people showed
>>  > for the person's vigil, although there were quite a few Peers
>>  > available to do so if they wished, the person is NOT regarded as a
>>  > Real Peer (tm) for all that they have the regalia and the letters
>>  > behind their name, and the political repercussions are still
>  > > rebounding through the Realm.
>  >

snippage

>  > And once people start non-specifically complaining about a particular
>>  elevation without naming names, that smoky fire drops soot on every
>>  recent peerage, soot that those who have a grudge enjoy using to blacken
>  > the name of their grudgee.

I'd just like to say in the West, the council members make
recommendations to the King and Queen and They decide to whom to
offer elevation. From what I've seen, no matter what the disagreement
may have been in the council before elevation, we usually close ranks
and encourage and hope the new peer(s) fulfill their destiny, as it
were.

I don't think there's any reason or excuse to tell a newly-elevated
peer that you or anyone else doesn't think they are as good as any of
the other peers in their Order.

Morgana yr Oerfa
Oertha/West