[Sca-cooks] Speaking of beets...

Micheal dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca
Wed Sep 6 21:37:34 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Terry Decker" <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net>
To: <hlaislinn at earthlink.net>; "Cooks within the SCA"
<sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 12:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Speaking of beets...

.  In fact, I was looking at a wood-cut
> tonight of a tart shaped like a peacock where the body is formed in an
> oval
> pan.  I can also see where a heavy paste might have been shaped to the cut
> of meat rather than made round, square, or some other specific shape.
> Bear

 A contemplation, if you will I always wondered if a wood cut could have
been used like a mold to obtain panels for the sides and possibly tops of
some great pies.  Simply because some of the pictures of great pies showing
scenes seem a little to well sculpted and clean lined to have been done by
hand repeatedly.
 Cealian