[Sca-cooks] OOP - Foods with Place Names

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Sep 11 05:57:27 PDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Sharon Gordon <gordonse at one.net> wrote:

> > Name food items that have names of places. But the place name cannot
> > be a modifier. The food does not have to originate from the place.
> >

> If I am understanding this right, you don't want a place name that just adds
> a location to the place where you ate it, but a name that is an integral
> part of the meaning of the food.
>
> Frankfurter
> Turkey
> Buffalo Wings
> Sardine
> Virginia Ham
> Vichyssoise
> Cincinnati Chili
> French Onion Soup
> Philadelphia Cheesesteak
> Boeuf Bourguignon
> Brunswick Stew
> Carolina BBQ
> Peking Duck

As I understand it, according to me recent duck research, the name
"Peking Duck" comes not from the city of Peking/?Beijing, but rather
because the breed of duck to make the dish in the Pekin duck. Anybody
else got some information on that topic?

--
Saint Phlip, getting exercise chasing ducks...

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Has anyone seen my temper?
I seem to have misplaced it at Stalag XXXV....