[Sca-cooks] Cook's Prayer, was RE: 9/11 SCA cooks

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Sep 11 17:11:37 PDT 2006

On Sep 11, 2006, at 7:55 PM, Saint Phlip wrote:

> Jeeze- this sounds like what Adamantius was SUPPOSED to do at the
> Barleycorn feast. Anybody wanna make him a Fred Flintstone sized
> spoon?

If you'd been able to get there, you'd have seen Countess Brekke's
basting and beating spoon. It's quite scary. I've got a big,
handcarved spoon my brother made from an oak boll, and I've bought
the Province several large, long-handled wooden spoons, suitable for
stirring 40-quart pots (which spoons seem to have vanished over the
years), but Brekke's is basically a hiking staff with a bowl on the
end, and nearly as thick as my wrist.

You won't see _me_ messing with her!

A.