[Sca-cooks] Cook's Prayer, was RE: 9/11 SCA cooks

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Sep 11 17:16:55 PDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius
<adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:

> On Sep 11, 2006, at 7:55 PM, Saint Phlip wrote:
>
> > Jeeze- this sounds like what Adamantius was SUPPOSED to do at the
> > Barleycorn feast. Anybody wanna make him a Fred Flintstone sized
> > spoon?
>
> If you'd been able to get there, you'd have seen Countess Brekke's
> basting and beating spoon. It's quite scary. I've got a big,
> handcarved spoon my brother made from an oak boll, and I've bought
> the Province several large, long-handled wooden spoons, suitable for
> stirring 40-quart pots (which spoons seem to have vanished over the
> years), but Brekke's is basically a hiking staff with a bowl on the
> end, and nearly as thick as my wrist.
>
> You won't see _me_ messing with her!
>
> A.

Come to think of it, I remember you giving me a long spoon way back at
Our Crown (when we were cooking w/Ras at the convent) and, amongst all
the other madness that day, it vanished and I think you said Way Back
Then you still had it for me. Still do, or has it vanished?

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Has anyone seen my temper?
I seem to have misplaced it at Stalag XXXV....