[Sca-cooks] Fantasy foods

Sandra Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 13 11:46:03 PDT 2006

>Hmmm good question... from description it sounds similar to a meatball, but
>at the same time, it's a travel food, so I'd suspect that it's dried or
>jerked before being made into a meatroll?  Either that or they're calling
>two different things, a dried or jerked travel roll and a ball of raw meat,
>by the same name?
>
>Elizabeta

I had always assumed it was something like a pig-in-a-blanket, but totally
sealed, with nothing sticking out the edges.  If I thought further I
suspect I would have assumed the filling was jerked or pemmican or some
such longer-lasting meat preparation, baked within a relatively dry and
hard covering of dough.  Icelandic chicken?  :-)

Sandra