[Sca-cooks] Fantasy foods was Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 5, Issue 43

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 12:50:42 PDT 2006

Most respected Papa Gunthar and all,

I seem to be getting digests in odd orders, and the
archive didnt seem to have this thread at all, so this
may have been addressed already.

I just re-read almost the entire Dragonrider series
(long bus commutes) and can correct some of that
missconception.

In addition to bread, fruit, cheese and sausages I
clearly remember bubbly pies, cookies, all sorts of
sticky sweet confections, roasted meats (Wherries and
Herdbeasts,) Fish, and fish balls (dumplings?) at
least in sea areas, and TUBERS (am assuming they are
potatoes.) I think she mentions other greens as well,
but am not in a place to hunt down the references.
Porridge (with too much sweetner in one particular
riders case) seems to be the breakfast of choice when
not on the run, then grabbing a meat roll was the only
option ;-)
and we cant forget the ubiquitus Klah (coffee/cocoa
beverage,) Wine, and juices.

So she did have a little more than just 4 items, even
if it is not a truly well rounded diet.

In Service
Gwen Cat
12 books down, and need to hunt up at least 5 more.

---Gunthar noted---
I always had a problem with the Dragonriders series in
that they seemed
to have no diet other than bread, fruit, cheese and
sausages.