[Sca-cooks] Foods in Fantasy (was Cook's Prayer)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Sep 13 11:18:10 PDT 2006

> Anne McCaffrey, in additon to her cookbooks, also has many food references in
> her work, and even more references to drink. She is one author that doesn't
> forget that her characters have got to eat.

There's a whole theme in Freedom's Ransom about softening up trading
partners with food and drink, and trading food for other supplies.

Then there's C.S. Lewis and his foods... I brought in some turkish
delight to work this week, and my boss was thrilled because she'd never
tasted it before. We discussed Edmund briefly. She must have liked the
turkish delight as she later commented to me (when the box was almost
empty) that she felt extraordinarily Edmund-ish...

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net