[Sca-cooks] Foods in Fantasy (was Cook's Prayer)

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Wed Sep 13 11:17:57 PDT 2006

some years ago I was asked to present a small lecture of medieval and period food
for the seattle chapter of the Romance Writers of America. it was a lot of fun to
hear what they thought was "right" and watch their eyes light up when they got to
nibble some tasty stuff that WAS right.

I was imperssed overall with the fact that so many (the hall was packed with about
150 people) of them watned to know at all. I mean really, does it matter to most
folks?

for fantasy stuff I always figure "its fantasy. so maybe in dragonland (tm) they
HAD potatoes?" but historical fiction, romance and other genres that in theory are
set in real places, I have a harder time blurring my eyes...

--Anne-Marie

On Wed Sep 13 14:08 , SilverR0se at aol.com sent: