[Sca-cooks] Cuban ham croquettes

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 13 13:02:11 PDT 2006

Between the afternoon and evening viewings for my uncle on Monday, we went back to my aunt's house where the Cuban contingent of the family had provided a ton of food. Besides very tasty black beans and rice, roast pork, and chicken, there were fried pieces of "black" plaintains, and something I had never had before, the infamous Cuban ham croquettes. Simply, they seemed to be ground ham with a binder of cornmeal, made into little fat cigar shapes and deep-fried. They were really, really good, at least to me, but I am told even better when made with ground roast pork.

Anybody have a recipe? Tooling around online so far has not yielded one. My husband LOVED them and I know he would not mind me adding them to my cooking repetoire.

Gianotta