[Sca-cooks] Fantasy foods was Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 5, Issue 43

SilverR0se at aol.com SilverR0se at aol.com
Fri Sep 15 10:32:37 PDT 2006

In a message dated 9/13/2006 1:20:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
chass at allegiance.tv writes:

> Actually from reading and rereading the books I came to the conclusion
> that Wherries are either Emu's or Ostriches.

In the early book sthey seem to be turkies, but late books have then as more
reptilian. Speaking of which, there are many references to tunnel and other
kinds of snakes, which were edible as a last resort. One of the source books
shows them - not the DLG but the other one whose title escapes me.

Dragons seem to find cats to be tasty morsels, which is kinda funny
considering the prominant role cats play in some of Anne's other series.

I was privileged to hear Anne speak at Worldcon a few weeks ago and she said
very definately that Dragons were NOT horses, but fire-lizards and Definately
cats!

Renata