[Sca-cooks] Candlemas Feast

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Sep 15 00:43:08 PDT 2006

Malkin mentioned and asked:
  <<< OK ... so I have offered to do our local Candlemas.

Our local Candlemas is a small affair, around 30 and I generally end up
funding out-of-pocket as my holiday gift to the shire.

This year I am hard pressed to make a choice.  There are two options
I am considering .... a Russian theme, or a Middle-eastern.

Russian... because I have never done that

or

Middle-eastern because the attending crown is Middle-eastern.>>>

The Crown is attending and you'll only get 30 attendees?  Perhaps I'm
just used to living in a big barony (the largest in Asteorra), but
I'm also not sure our Crown even attends any small events.

Personally my pick would be the Russian theme.
1) It will be cold/cool weather, right?
2) I've seen a lot more Middle-eastern meals than Russian ones.
3) How far is this into the Crown's reign? Many events may choose to
have Middle-eastern meals since the Crown has a Middle-eastern
persona. By the time your event roles around they may be plenty tired
of Middle-eastern meals and welcome something different.  Afterall,
they are probably doing an SCA feast almost every weekend.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com