[Sca-cooks] Candlemas Feast

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 15 12:46:17 PDT 2006

response to Stefan

It will be mid-winter here, but given that mid-winter is four months after
first snow ... it is a very long winter.

Artemisia is small (population-wise) and spread out, and Otherhill is a
small shire (population wise), and really spread out (all land 150 miles
North/South of the Colorado-Wyoming border and 150 miles East/West of the
Utah-Wyoming border).  Our Crowns almost always attempt to visit each group
at least once per reign.

Last year, without royal attendance, we had 20 folks.  I cooked Celtic for
30 and had a TON o leftovers.  The number 30 was bent to include Royalty and
Retinue anticipated whenever the royalty visits.  Won't change the budget
much.

I was leaning toward the Ukranian side of things more because I have never
done that, and it sounds fun ... but another thought occurs ...

What are some differences between Middle East Feast and Mongol Feast?  Is
there?

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com

Never knock on death's door........ Ring the doorbell and run. He hates
that.