[Sca-cooks] Candlemas Feast

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 15 13:07:07 PDT 2006

Georgia Foster wrote:

> What are some differences between Middle East Feast and Mongol Feast?  Is
> there?

There are a lot of similarities...Mongol cooking influenced ME cooking
and vice versa.  But there are differences as well.  Frequently the
spicing isn't quite as intense or sophisticated in Mongol cookery.  In
fact, I'm going to be cooking a ME feast in February, and I'm looking at
including some Mughal as well as Mongolian dishes, just to do something
a little different.  There was a lot of influence on Mongol cookery from
Persia...also from China.  Frequently the combination of flavors and
techniques produced some intriguing results.  I have some notes on this
from a class I taught, if you're interested.  All I ask is credit if you
decide to use some of my redactions.

Kiri

--
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm.
As you get older, remember you have another hand: the first is to help

                        -- Audrey Hepburn