[Sca-cooks] Bourbelier of Wild Pig

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Sep 15 06:43:10 PDT 2006

On 9/15/06, Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> It does definitely remove the bits and parts...particularly bristles!  I
> recall my grandparents doing that when they butchered a pig...before
> doing much of anything with it, they did this to remove the bristles.
>
> Kiri

Well, that's a standard part of any hog butchering, for the reasons
you and Niccolo have given. Can we consider that this step might be
mentioned here because we're talking about wild, as opposed to
domesticated, pig, and the author is assuming it wasn't butchered as a
domesticated pig might have been?

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Has anyone seen my temper?
I seem to have misplaced it at Stalag XXXV....