[Sca-cooks] chorizo

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Sun Sep 17 08:43:42 PDT 2006

I know the chorizo from Portugal that I can get at our local spanish import store comes as big long
links, like kielbasa. ditto the mexican chorizo that my portuguese relatives serve on christmas
morning (heh. when I brought them the portuguese stuff as a treat I was informed that that was
not "real" chorizo. *shrug*!)

its all dark red and rather greasy and very spicey (at least to my very non-capsicum eatin' palate).
I personally dont care for it much, but my family goes nuts every Dec 25th, where they serve it
with "migas" (scrambled eggs, cooked with  whole raw galric cloves, shredded white bread and black
olives from a can. meh.). I tend to eat a lot of toast.....unless I spend Christmas morning at my
sisters house where her chef husband cooks :)

--AM, whos blood relations dont cook, but whos inlaws do. hooray!

On Sat Sep 16 10:01 , "Caointiarn"  sent: