[Sca-cooks] pineapples

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Sep 22 14:52:31 PDT 2006

The pineapple motifs to which you refer are primarily 18th Century
artifacts, when imported pineapple became a local craze.  Williamsburg was
founded in 1632 and was the capitol of Virginia from 1699 until 1799, so you
are talking mid-17th through the 18th Centuries at best.  Earlier pineapple
decorations would most likely be stylized pine cones.

Bear