[Sca-cooks] Meat mixtures

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 25 16:00:26 PDT 2006

Sharon asked:
<<< I'm looking for meat mixtures such as you might put in  pasties,
pie,
meatlball, pate, or meatloaf type food.  So far I have:

Barmakiyya pies/pasties
Beef Pommes from Two Fifteenth Century
Chavettys
Cheese and Bacon Pasties
Chewetes on flesshe day
Herbelade
Leche Lumbard
Lihammurakipperas/Finnish Meatloaf
Lombard Chicken Pasties
Meat, Apple, Bacon Pasties
Meat Raisin Cheese from Le Viandier de Taillevent #195
Malaches of Pork
Minst Pyes
Pies of Parys
Pommes Dorre
Pork Doucetty
Veal and Ham Pie

What else could I experiment with?  >>>

I'm not that familiar with the specific dishes you list, so some of
this may be redundant, but here are some files in the Florilegium
FOOD-MEATS section I would look in:
Ital-Stuffing-art (20K) 11/ 3/02    "Stuffing Recipes from 16th
Century Italian
                                        Cookbooks" by Lady Helewyse
de Birkestad.
  (I think some of these are meat mixtures)

meatballs-msg     (13K) 10/17/04    Period dishes with meatballs.
meatloaf-msg      (16K)  4/ 8/02    Period meatloaf-like recipes.
minced-meat-art   (11K)  2/13/98    "Paste en Pot de Mouton" by Anne-
Marie
                                        Rousseau. Period minced meat
and onions.
sausages-msg     (176K)  4/17/05    Period sausages. Making sausage.
   (You don't have to stuff the sausage mixture into a casing)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com