[Sca-cooks] My Next Feast

Caointiarn caointiarn1 at bresnan.net
Tue Sep 5 10:33:37 PDT 2006

Hi all!
 My next Feast is Sept 30th, at an event my Shire put together in a hurry
{ we were on the calendar to host an "Iron Chef" but couldn't get a site, so
thought about canceling the event,  then Their Majesties said they were
interested in visiting our Shire, so we produced in a whirlwind week a
different event, a Schola.   Anyway, I had a week to come up with a menu.
Allow me to express my gratitude to the Madrone Culinary Guild and their
Feudal Gourmet pamphlets!  Especially Anne-Marie Rousseau and the "French
Food in the Renaissance."   My heroes!   Most of the menu is being taken
from them,  with some dishes from Scully's _Early French Cookery_ and
learning some technique from  Julia Child's  _Mastering the Art of French
Cooking_.

The menu is:  (1)Eggs Farced, Spinach Tart, Ramekins of Cheese, (2)
meatballs with Sauce Robert, a barley dish, Sallat {with a lemon tarragon
vinegarette}Fruit tarts, (3)  a Souppe {as yet to be determined} Chicken in
Tarragon  Cream sauce,  Haricots Vert, and Blanc Mengier Parti.  Bread and
Lemonade

I was thinking a nice cream soup,  mushroom? cauliflower?  herbes?  or would
that be too much cream stuff?  The chicken dish & custard being both creamy
& rich.  Maybe move the souppe to the 2nd course and bringing the Sallat to
the 3rd?

Suggestions?
Caointiarn