[Sca-cooks] My Next Feast

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 5 11:00:47 PDT 2006

Caointiarn wrote:
> The menu is:  (1)Eggs Farced, Spinach Tart, Ramekins of Cheese, (2)
> meatballs with Sauce Robert, a barley dish, Sallat {with a lemon tarragon
> vinegarette}Fruit tarts, (3)  a Souppe {as yet to be determined} Chicken in
> Tarragon  Cream sauce,  Haricots Vert, and Blanc Mengier Parti.  Bread and
> Lemonade
>
> I was thinking a nice cream soup,  mushroom? cauliflower?  herbes?  or would
> that be too much cream stuff?  The chicken dish & custard being both creamy
> & rich.  Maybe move the souppe to the 2nd course and bringing the Sallat to
> the 3rd?
I think you are right, you've got enough creamy stuff in the same
course.  You also have enough naked veggie in the form of haricots vert,
in my opinion.

This is a soup served by His Ex-Cellency Jared.  I don't recall whether
he composed the redaction or not but it went over VERY well at our last
Twelfth Night feast.
< http://home.earthlink.net/~selene/kitchen/id58.html >

Selene