[Sca-cooks] OOP - Foods with Place Names

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Sep 10 20:28:44 PDT 2006

--On Sunday, September 10, 2006 11:15 PM -0400 "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus
Adamantius" <adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:

> Lessee. Do "Swedes" count?
>
> 	Turkey
> 	Napoleons
> 	Paris-Brest (again, this is a modifier, but a Gateau Paris-Brest is
> sometimes just called a Paris-Brest)
> 	Champignons? (which name indicates, I think, they come from the
> fields outside of town)
> 	Sandwich (arguable, but the Earl had this earldom)
> 	Currants
> 	Peach (Lat. Persicum)

Yup, I'd say Swedes count.

We've got a Plum Borough and a Cranberry township hereabouts, but somehow I
don't think that was the idea of the game ;-) On the same lines, there's
Olean (which I suppose might be named for the city in NY state and is only
arguably a food...)

toodles, margaret