[Sca-cooks] REDUX: Deep frying whole eggs

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 13 05:57:49 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
???? Are you moving or having to close?

Johnnae

niccolo difrancesco
> (57 days to being unhomed by my landlords . . . restaurant that is)

Moving.  It has been an overwhelming experience to have supporters rise up
and affirm the relationships we have tried so hard to build for these three
years.  A couple of investors, bankers, and even the President of the
Chamber of Commerce have asked if they can do anything to help.  Even in our
little semi-depressed economy where our current landlords own 70% of useable
commercial space, there are some opportunities that can work out for us and
move us forward.

I may actually get a place that I can push through to some more "fine
dining" and medieval experiences.  We've been "interested" in a better place
for a year now . . . . we've just now become "motivated".  One very fine
family offering to help includes real estate owners, their son an amazing
interior designer and their son-in-law an architect.  They are kind and
generous, so we are in surpisingly good shape all things considered.

I see this not unlike a late Medieaval craftsperson being ousted from a
shop.  If he's in a Guild, he gets lots of boosts and connections.  He may
have some monied patrons to assist.  Either way, he's got an obligation of
honor to his apprentices and hired help to make sure they are not
devestated.  Buildings, customers and equipment come and go . . . . strong
relationships will forge a foundation that is unshakable.

pacem et bonum,

niccolo difrancesco