[Sca-cooks] Harvest Days - Feast Report/cheese sticks

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 15 14:08:51 PDT 2006

Twenty five years ago, I made Glamorgan Sausages for a coronation banquet. In the
Time/Life cookbook series, it was mentioned that there was mention of it in the 16th
century.  I have never found any other mentions of this, so I would treat this as
period-oid, but it was a big hit at my banquet.

Selsig Morgannwg (Glamorgan Sausages)
   Servings:  6

5 oz Fresh white breadcrumbs
1 Small onion finely chopped
3 oz Grated cheese [I used cheddar]
1 Pinch of dry mustard, salt and pepper
2 Eggs
Flour to coat

Mix breadcrumbs and cheese, finely chopped onion and seasonings.
Beat together 1 egg and 1 egg yolk and use to bind mixture.

Make into even sized sausage shapes (12) and roll in flour.  Coat in
beaten egg white.  Fry in hot fat or oil.  Serve hot or cold.

Huette