[Sca-cooks] Meatball subs-OOP

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 17 23:28:09 PDT 2006

niccolo difrancesco mentioned:
  <<< The
premade/frozen meatballs I use for some catering type applications are
astounding like you describe.  They don't use the same dairy and
binder I
would, but the pork sweetness is right there with the tenderness.
i can get them in half ounce size as well as 1 oz, 2 oz, 4 oz and 6 oz.
Same price per pound, and all very good. >>>

1.2 oz, 1 oz, 2 oz, 4 oz and 6 oz. meatballs?  I assuming you are
saying each meatball is this size and this isn't a packaging of say
1/2 oz. meatballs in these size packages.

1/2 oz. sounds like the usual meatball size. What would you use 4 or
6 oz meatballs for? How do you make sure they get cooked thoroughly,
at least without burning the outside? 4 ox. is a quarter pound, but
the cross section would be much thicker than a hamburger patty. Even
more so for a 6 oz. meatball. Although I guess if you boil it for
part of the time, either before or after grilling it and not just
grill it for the whole time, this might work better.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com