[Sca-cooks] Possibly OT Spanish/Latin American recipe quest

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Sep 22 10:29:47 PDT 2006

The French recipes are no problem and there are a number
of French cookbooks that will provide simple pastries and fruit
snacks. Also you might see if your library has
The French Cookie Book: Classic and Contemporary Recipes for Easy and
Elegant Cookies.
The Spanish recipes are more problematic, and
as a librarian I wonder if you'd be better off starting with the cookbooks
that address allergies and looking then for Spanish or Latin American
recipes
within those cookbooks. Starting with the other way, one has to discount
so many recipes because of the no eggs, no dairy, etc restrictions.

The other alternative is to use a recipe database like RecipeSource (SOAR)
http://www.recipesource.com/search.html

Searching for +Spanish -eggs -dairy -nuts  /
/comes up with 132 matches.

You'll still have to go through and weed some of those out.
Hope this helps,

Johnnae
//