[Sca-cooks] Meat mixtures

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 25 07:57:23 PDT 2006

I'll have to look it up when I get home, but I believe that there is a wonderful chicken "terrine" recipe that I used for a feast...it was delightful.

Also, if it doesn't have to be period, I can share my terrine recipe that I developed by combining information from several different sources.  It is a mixture, basically, of 1 part ground beef to 1 part ground pork to 1/2 part ground calves' liver.  Then there are lots of other things that go in it.  At the end, it's wrapped in bacon and steamed.  Then, while it's cooling, you put weights on it.  It's a period concept, but my original recipe.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll be happy to share.

Kiri
From: "Sharon Gordon" <gordonse at one.net>