[Sca-cooks] pewter

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Wed Sep 27 22:51:57 PDT 2006

As I said before "pewter" just refers to a base metal alloy that can include
tin, antimony, lead, silver, bismuth and other fun stuff. Modern pewter can
be bought in all kinds of variations, each with its own properties.

In period, those fun tokens, badges and such were often cast in pure lead or
else in a tin alloy. You can check it out in the Museum of London book on
Pilgrams badges and tokens...I don't know if every single token contained
lead or not, there seemed to be quite a variety of alloys that they used,
though...

--Anne-Marie