[Sca-cooks] Weird pseudo cooking program on PBS

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sat Sep 2 13:27:41 PDT 2006

Hullo, the list!

Has anyone else encountered "Posh Nosh", which is, I understand, a
spoof of cooking programs, starring Richard E. Grant (a name that
fans of some very cheesy American movies might recognize -- perhaps
he had trouble with Midland Revenue?).

The reviews on IMDb suggest it's sort of like Alexei Sayle's cooking
show spoofs ("For zee dressing for zee artichokes I have made zeese
leetle baseball caps and matching jackets... artichokes must be
stored at 200 feet above sea level or zey weel begin to sing...")

I gather it's only about ten minutes per segment... I see that it's
on my local PBS station at some ridiculously late hour, like 4AM, and
since the VCR was killed and eaten during the recent power outages, I
can set up the computer to capture the episodes if I really had to,
but I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Adamantius