[Sca-cooks] Honey-Roasted Beets

Tom Vincent Tom.Vincent at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 3 08:50:40 PDT 2006

Usually aren't too many beet recipes that could be served at a feast...I
came upon this one and thought I'd share it. - Duriel

*Honey-Roasted Beets*
(6 servings)

1 ½ lbs. Medium sized beets
Vegetable cooking spray
2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
4 T. honey, divided
2-3 T. red wine vinegar
1 T. canola oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ c. currants or raisins
3-4 T. chopped toasted walnuts
Salt and pepper, to taste

Simmer beets in water (to cover) about 15 minutes.
Drain, rinse in cold water, then peel beets. Cut into fourths.
Line pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
Arrange beets and onion on pan. Spray with cooking spray, then drizzle
with 2 T. honey.
Roast at 400 until beets are tender, about 40 minutes
Transfer beets and onions to serving bowl.
Combine remaining 2 T. honey, vinegar, oil, and garlic. Drizzle over
beets and toss.
Add currant/raisins and walnuts; toss
Season to taste with salt and pepper

--