[Sca-cooks] A different taste treat ;-)

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Sep 16 09:44:45 PDT 2006

So today, I decided to make myself up some oatmeal for breakfast,
something I dearly love with brown sugar (lots), yogurt, and
occasionally some wheat germ- very tasty, despite being good for me.
Cooked up the oats, added the brown sugar, and went to the fridge to
get the yogurt, and discovered it had developed a life of its own-
Yeauchh!!!

So, what to add for the milk component of my breakfast? Spotted whole
milk, then heavy cream, THEN, noticed we had some lovely, whole milk
sour cream. Never tried it on oatmeal before, but taste and texture is
rather similar to yogurt, so why not?

It was great ;-) I'm sure I'm not the first one to ever discover it- I
can't imagine folk in period not trying soured milk and similar
products on oatmeal, but as a new-to-me discovery, it's WONDERFUL ;-)

I gotta do more of this ;-)

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Has anyone seen my temper?
I seem to have misplaced it at Stalag XXXV....