[Sca-cooks] Master Joram update

wildecelery at aol.com wildecelery at aol.com
Thu Sep 21 05:01:40 PDT 2006

Greetings to the list(s)!
To bring you up to speed on Baron Master Joram Goldspoons --PTL, he is doing
better (again)! The MRI he had just over two weeks ago after surgery showed
several pockets of infection, so they inserted tubes into each of the locations
and have been suctioning it out. They said a few days ago that most of the
infection is confined to one area now....and Jim is feeling much better and not
running any fever. This is all good. If he can remain in this condition, he
could go to the rehab place, which we have been praying for all summer.
Apparently the big hold-up in sending him right now is the social bureaucracy in

getting the paperwork through to release the government funds to pay for it.
Let's
pray this doesn't take too long!!!! It's a lot about timing.... (Sigh)

Thank you all so much for your support and for continuing to keep him in your
prayers --even if you've never met him. When the doctors say they don't know
how he can still be alive, I know that prayers are making a huge difference in
this battle for his life.

Please forward this post to appropriate forums --I can't access the Cook's
Guild, the Laurel list, etc. and am not on the EK list. Please forgive and bear
with the cross-postings. If there weren't so many people throughout the SCA
who know him, we wouldn't have to do it. :-)

Mistress Asenath Chamberly of Morrismount (Barony of the Bridge)

"Let us read and let us dance - two amusements that will never do any harm to
the world."   -- Voltaire