[Sca-cooks] Possibly OT Spanish/Latin American recipe quest

wildecelery at aol.com wildecelery at aol.com
Thu Sep 21 16:07:08 PDT 2006

 Greetings!

 Mundanely, I teach higschool Spanish and French.  This year, due to student allergies and new fed/state/admin nutrition guideline, I'm going to have to change a lot of my  food aspects of my curriculum.  So I'm turning to you... for ideas and guidance.

I'm looking for:

Simple recipes whenever possible
Inexpensive ingredients where possible (I foot the bill for most food activities, not the district)
Nutritionally Sound-meeting food pyramid etc... where possible

French:
Simple Snacks/Pastries (for use during "coffee" time with my advanced French class on Fridays)

Spanish:
Dishes from Spain or Latin America with:
No dairy  of any kind (or possibilities to remove dairy or serve it on the side)
No Eggs (at all)
No citrus or Tomatoes (or option to serve these on the side)
No Nuts or nut oils of any kind

Note: Soy substitution is not an option

Period or non-period recipes are all acceptable options.

In Thanks,
Ardenia