[Sca-cooks] Sesame Oil (was: Mongolian Meat Cakes)

Martha Oser osermart at msu.edu
Fri Sep 22 09:18:23 PDT 2006

You should also be able to find the "light" sesame oil in a Middle Eastern
market, if you have one nearby.  It is light in color and flavor, rather
than the caloric "lite" of the modern day.

I am also finding it in the "international food" aisle of many large grocery
stores these days - Meijer, for example, if you're familiar with them.  The
"al-Ziyad" brand seems to be the most prevalent.  It has a label that's
mainly yellow with some green and red print.

 -Helena