[Sca-cooks] Rant: And speaking of cooking equipment...

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Apr 3 10:06:46 PDT 2007

On 4/3/07, Michael Gunter <countgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:

> And, Master A (the cook I admire greatly and have unending respect for)
> unless you are making your living cooking for folk or are the only source of
> dinner on the table every day, you are a hobbyist as well. You are extremely
> serious and knowledgeable. But, really you are. Now there is a difference
> between hobbyist and dilettante and maybe that is your take on the word.
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Gunthar

Gunthar, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. Adamantius is
still a Chef, just as I am still a Farrier. No, neither of us are
active right now, for various reasons, but both of us have functioned
as professionals in our fields of endeavor, which takes both of us
beyond being hobbyists. I ride horses for fun- I shoe them (or
nowadays, occasionally consult on shoeing them, since my knees are
shot) for money. Being inactive currently does not take away the years
we spent as professionals.

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Priorities:

HIPAA Penalties

42USC1320d-6 Wrongful disclosure of individually identifiable health information

(a) Offense

A person who knowingly and in violation of this part-

(1) uses or causes to be used a unique health identifier;

(2) obtains individually identifiable health information relating to
an individual; or

(3) discloses individually identifiable health information to another person,

shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

(b) Penalties

A person described in subsection (a) shall-

(1) be fined not more than $50,000, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both;