[Sca-cooks] Volunteering in a feast kitchen

Vitaliano Vincenzi vitaliano at shanelambert.com
Tue Apr 3 20:02:46 PDT 2007

No, I did not know the Feast Steward personally, but in several email
before the event I was invited to work in the kitchen, so I went in and
introduced myself. It isn't the fact that they didn't want/need my help,
it's the fact that they simply ignored me. If there had been a guard at
the door that said "We don't need your help", or "get the hell out of
the kitchen", I wouldn't be so upset. But they said nothing, just
completely ignored the fact that I was there.

I didn't really get bent out of shape, I just left the kitchen and
enjoyed other activities. I mentioned it to my wife and to one other
member of our shire, but that's about as far as it will go, other than
this email thread, which I started to hear other people's thoughts on
this subject.

Bottom line is - don't invite me if you don't need me - and if you
invite me then don't need me, just say "thanks, we don't need you."
Really kind of simple, don't you think?

--
Lord Vitaliano Vincenzi
aka Shane Lambert