[Sca-cooks] late 19th century English menu/dinner - OOP

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Apr 4 15:55:14 PDT 2007

http://digital.lib.msu.edu/projects/cookbooks/ is MSU's collection.
Michigan is hosting a two seminar in May at the *Longone Center for
American*
* Culinary Research.
Menus are highlighted
here--http://www.clements.umich.edu/culinary/menus.html

*Try the British Library.
We saw this display at the BL in 2004.
http://www.hub-uk.com/interesting/delia-british-library.htm
http://www.bl.uk/learning/langlit/booksforcooks/booksforcooks.html

The Menu Collection at NYPL (mentioned by Devra) has an online guide
http://www.nypl.org/research/chss/grd/resguides/menus/index.html

There are a number of books on 19th century English cookery.
One that might be worthwhile would be
Rossi-Wilcox, Susan M.
<http://catalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Author&SEQ=20070404185331&PID=29377&SA=Rossi-Wilcox,+Susan+M.>

Main Title: 	Dinner for Dickens : the culinary history of Mrs Charles
Dickens’s menu books : including a transcript of What shall we have for
dinner? by ’Lady Maria Clutterbuck’ / Susan M. Rossi-Wilcox.
Published/Created: 	Totnes [England] : Prospect, 2005.

Hope this helps

Johnnae