[Sca-cooks] Volunteering in a feast kitchen

Aldyth at aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Wed Apr 4 20:13:43 PDT 2007

In a message dated 4/3/2007 9:04:50 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
vitaliano at shanelambert.com writes:

didn't  really get bent out of shape, I just left the kitchen and
enjoyed other  activities. I mentioned it to my wife and to one other
member of our  shire, but that's about as far as it will go, other than
this email  thread, which I started to hear other people's thoughts on
this  subject.

Tell us a story Auntie Aldyth.  :-))   Being the seneschal  of a small group
has its' challenges. Over the years our group has graduated a  few competent
cooks and feast organizers.  A young lady and her lord moved  her and for the
most part the young lady was not appearing unless it was with  him.  When we
were planning our fall event last year I asked for volunteers  for autocrat and
feastocrat.  She volunteered to feastocrat. The autocrat  was not sure of her
"prowess" so he asked that she share the duty with an  established cook. She
exploded. How dare we expect that she had even helped in  another kitchen, or
that we check her out of kingdom  references.   Perhaps the small shire you
were helping with has had similar challenges and  just preferred to work with
known quantities, and no people skills.  You  are welcome in my kitchen.  But
don't be surprised if somebody is watching.  :-))

Aldyth

If it is not  any fun, stop doing it. Find something that is fun, and start
doing it. Life is  too short not to have fun.