[Sca-cooks] Phyllo definition

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 7 01:46:01 PDT 2007

--- "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius1 at verizon.net> wrote:

> My favorite is when people forget that the OED is basically a
> glorified Wikipedia, originally created by a committee of amateurs
> which included one guy in a padded cell, and the ultimate Open Source
> document. I understand my suggested change got through, anyway.

Boy, you are talking heresy here... You make the OED sound like it is or was never
checked or documented at all.  How wrong you are!  The first edition took more than
fifty years to compile.

And are you saying that Schizophrenics aren't capable of making valid contibutions
to a dictionary or science?  Because John Nash was a Schizophrenic and he was rewarded
with a Nobel Prize for his work.

William Chester Minor was a Yale graduate and a surgeon, who was a Schizophrenic [although
he wasn't diagnosed as such until late in his life, when such a diagnosis was understood].
But he wasn't kept in a "padded cell".  According to Wikipedia, "As he had his army pension
and was not judged dangerous, he was given rather comfortable quarters and was able to buy
and read books."

Heresy!  You speak heresy!  I demand that you be tested in a trial by fire!  You will only
be exonerated if you can jump into a hot oven and come out again unscathed!

Huette

My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I: I, v
http://www.twoheartsentwinedpottery.com/