[Sca-cooks] Period Peeps?

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 7 15:49:41 PDT 2007

On 4/7/07 2:45 PM, "Aldyth at aol.com" <Aldyth at aol.com> wrote:

> _http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/peeps_
> (http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/peeps)
>
> Would this be akin to this period recipe?
>
> MEMORIA DE  MELINDRES  Diego Granado, _Libro del Arte de Cozina_, 1599
>
> Aldyth

The recipe in the evilmadscientist.com article used a meringue flavored and
colored with saffron.  Memoria de Melindres flavors egg white and sugar with
almonds and recommends you shape them as spirals.  The learned Brighid
seemed to have a tough time shaping them, from her report.
[http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/candy-msg.html]

In the meantime, I'm going to go back and read more of evilmadscientist.com.
Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Selene