[Sca-cooks] Ducklings and goslings and poults, Oh My ;-)

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Apr 7 19:55:42 PDT 2007

Have a chain link fence for the chickens. The ducks and geese will
free roam, with a small pen and a little house for at night.

No, we don't have a pond- the ducks were specificly chosen because
they don't need one, although I have a large stainless steel steamer
pan for enough water for them to bathe in- same with the geese. As
long as they have plenty of water with their food, they'll be fine.

On 4/7/07, Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:
> What kind of enclosure do you keep your birds in?  Do you have a place for the ducks and
> geese to swim in?
>
> Huette
>

> --- Saint Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, the latest on the birds...
> >
> > As I had mentioned to some, shortly after I posted, one of the turkey
> > poults keeled over dead- no known reason. Rob said they sometimes do
> > that, due to stress. So, since M's entire reason for getting them was
> > for meat, she decided to order 4 more- and 6 random geese (which are
> > also intended for the freezer,) which means I can keep all 4 of the
> > Tufted Romans ;-) I'm thrilled ;-) I suppose that if both straight run
> > Romans turn out to be males, I might work out a swap for a female from
> > one of her bunch, but as it stands, I have 4, not just 2, Roman geese
> > ;-)
> >
> > They're bright little buttons- I really like them.
> >
> > On 4/6/07, Saint Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:
> > > My bird order arrived this morning, and they're amazingly cute ;-)
> > > I've got 4 Tufted Roman geese, 4 Indian Runner ducks (two crested fawn
> > > and white, two blacks) a couple of Turkey poults, and a half dozen
> > > male chicks (no idea what breed- they're just there to help keep the
> > > rest of them warm). All appear to be healthy and active, and I'm
> > > enjoyng the blazes out of them ;-)
> >

> > --
> > Saint Phlip
> >
> > Heat it up
> > Hit it hard
> > Repent as necessary.
> >
> > Priorities:
> >
> > It's the smith who makes the tools, not the tools which make the smith.
> >
> > HIPAA Penalties
> >
> > 42USC1320d-6 Wrongful disclosure of individually identifiable health information
> >
> > (a) Offense
> >
> > A person who knowingly and in violation of this part-
> >
> > (1) uses or causes to be used a unique health identifier;
> >
> > (2) obtains individually identifiable health information relating to
> > an individual; or
> >
> > (3) discloses individually identifiable health information to another person,
> >
> > shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).
> >
> > (b) Penalties
> >
> > A person described in subsection (a) shall-
> >
> > (1) be fined not more than $50,000, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both;
> >

> My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I: I, v
> http://www.twoheartsentwinedpottery.com/

Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard