[Sca-cooks] "Fabulous Feasts"

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sun Apr 8 11:39:30 PDT 2007

On Apr 8, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Aldyth at aol.com wrote:

> I was gifted with this book at 12th night some 15 years ago. The
> person who
> did the "deed" was convinced it was a wonderful source for me to
> continue my
> cooking education.  That said,  I agree with Stefan.   Although I
> did try St.
> Johns Rice from the recipe section.  Once.   That volume
> "disappeared" from my
> collection a few years ago.  So I had to  re buy it online.  Just
> to have it
> and show my guild members how far we  have come.

My goal is to have only one copy. Every time I get rid of any extras,
somebody helpfully gives me a new copy. I'm giving serious thought to
burying the next one at a crossroads with an ashen stake driven
though it.

Adamantius (who also agrees that the non-recipe sections are actually
pretty good)

brioche!" / "If there's no bread, you have to say, let them eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04