[Sca-cooks] Ansteorra Crown Tourny

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 8 16:04:56 PDT 2007

>Too bad, Gunthar. I think that is several times in a row you've come
>in second. That's an awfully good performance though, considering the
>tough competition.

It's three times in a row now and my 9th time in the Finals.
I fought every duke in the list. Three dukes in four rounds.

>Wow. This is quite a change. Bouts selected by challenges? In a Crown
>Tournament? No "Knights don't fight Knights so there are more Knights
>in the second round" thing?

King Romanus wanted to make sure there was no sign of
"Kingly interference" so he had all the fighters line up and then
had the person with the lowest OP challenge someone, then
the next and so forth.

There were so few fighters because of the long distance of
the tournament and the bad weather that a couple of knights
actually had to challenge.
Unfortunately, this just meant that the people that DID show
up were the ones who are very good and gunning for the Crown.

>Yes, Snow. In Ansteorra. In *April*. Very little, if any, armored
>combat is done inside in Ansteorra.

It was bloody cold. And a major change from the last Crown where
I was suffering from heat exhaustion in the Finals.
We did it outside, and the field was very slippery from ice and mud.
People were miserable. But we survived.

>Stefan

Gunthar
Still a Count