[Sca-cooks] Ansteorra Crown Tourney

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 8 19:16:01 PDT 2007

>Uh, for the non-Ansteorrans on the list, what *is* the "King's Blade of
>Honor?" I mean, besides something that sounds cool?  I'm guessing that it's
>your equivalent to our (Artemisia's) "Shield of Chivalry," most likely.....
>--Maire

Ld. Fergus got the name a little wrong. It's the "King's Sword of Chivalry".
There is a "Queen's Blade of Honor" which is basically the same thing
but is for rapier combat in Queen's Champion.

The Sword is a lovely broadsword that is bestowed at Crown tournament
by the King, sometimes after conference with the Chivalry and/or other
holders of the blade. It is presented to the entrant deemed to be an
example of Honor, Chivalry and all that makes us good. The Sword is
entrusted
to the presentee until the next Crown Tournament where it is then
bestowed on the next Holder. The bearer's arms are painted on the
scabbard showing the lineage. I have been honored to be the possessor
two times in a row now.

And I was very embarassed to receive it mainly because I had really
screwed up and left it at home. At the next event I'll have to go up
in Court, apologize to me and present to me.

Gunthar