[Sca-cooks] kitchen scene 16th century

Pat Griffin ldyannedubosc at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 19:01:09 PDT 2007

Despite the title, I believe this to be an outdoor butchering scene.  Except
for the clothing, it looks very familiar to me, because I've worked in a
nearly identical environment when I used to help butcher on our farm.  In my
experience, the outdoor "kitchen" would be temporary, not the place where
the everyday cooking was done.
The large cauldron on the fire seems to hold the internal organs and blood
for making liver pudding.  Even the knife the butcher is holding looks so
very like the one I used to use.  The lady on our right, with her back to
us, even seems to be sitting in an old cane-bottomed chair quite familiar to
any one who grew up in the rural south.

Lady Anne du Bosc

Known as Mordonna The Cook

Mka Pat Griffin

Vert between four caldrons or a cross checky sable and argent