[Sca-cooks] Something to share- Free Audiobooks

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Apr 19 20:47:46 PDT 2007

http://librivox.org/

Just found this site last night, and I've been busily putting stuff on
my hard drive, ultimately to download them to CDs so I can listen in
the car, often on the way to events, as a change from music.

What this is, is a site that solicits volunteers to read various books
which are out of copyright aloud, and make them available as downloads
to any who wish them. There's quite a variety, with things for all
ages. I've downloaded old favorites like Robert Frost's poetry, Wind
in the Willows, Grimm's Fairy Tales and Sherlock Holmes, but there's
also more period offerings like the Canterbury Tales and Tristan and
Iseult, as well as Harding's "Story of the Middle Ages". I suggest to
you that you may want to check it out, not only to download and listen
to yourself, but also to consider reading in a favorite book yourself.

I've only gotten as far as the H's, but I'm seriously considering
taking the time to read in a couple of the period and modern metal
working treatises I have. Might be nice if some cooking treatises went
in, too ;-)

For those of you with kids, who don't read your kids stories as often
as you might prefer, this might be a good option, too.

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Priorities:

HIPAA Penalties

42USC1320d-6 Wrongful disclosure of individually identifiable health information

(a) Offense

A person who knowingly and in violation of this part-

(1) uses or causes to be used a unique health identifier;

(2) obtains individually identifiable health information relating to
an individual; or

(3) discloses individually identifiable health information to another person,

shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

(b) Penalties

A person described in subsection (a) shall-

(1) be fined not more than $50,000, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both;