[Sca-cooks] Fermentation Sponge Question

Aldyth at aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Sun Apr 1 19:25:00 PDT 2007

In a message dated 4/1/2007 6:51:15 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
hollyvandenberg at hotmail.com writes:

Yes, and  you've caught me in mid-experiment.  ;-)

I smell another research paper.  How about the idea that  cultures that made
mainly flat breads used low gluten flour in their starter  sponge for the flat
breads, and higher gluten flour in the sponge for the raised  breads?

And,

With a communal mill, (with each family bringing their own grain to mill
each day...) would the flour produced by the final milling be a greater mix of
flours than that of the first, or just how well did the millstone get cleaned
between each use?

Aldyth

If it is not  any fun, stop doing it. Find something that is fun, and start
doing it. Life is  too short not to have fun.