[Sca-cooks] Rant: And speaking of cooking equipment...

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Apr 3 17:27:00 PDT 2007

On 4/3/07, Susan Fox <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Just get your happy butt here.  We could work out the rest on this end.
>
> You could play with my Oso Forge knives... hehehe
>
> Selene, travel pusher

Be more likely to be playing with Rocky and Oso's forges ;-)

Is funny- many years ago, at one of my first Pennsics, a couple guys
were selling Atar's knives and swords. I didn't know who he was- they
used his mundane name- but I knew what I liked, and never forgot those
blades. Was a couple years later I got seriously into smithing, and
studying bladesmithing, and realized whose blades they were. Was very
disappointed I hadn't had any money at that point to buy them. But,
now, I'm working towards something even better- got all three of his
books, and am studying and learning about how to make them. Swear I'll
have a blade from him, and from Rocky and Oso one of these days.
Thought I'd worked out a deal to get some wrought iron to swap to R &
O for a blade, but that seems to have fallen through. Hafta figure
something else out.

Atar has enriched me considerably ;-) His research, and discussions of
the structure of period blades like the Sutton Hoo has opened my eyes
to a whole world of wonders ;-) And, time spent talking to Rocky or
emailing Oso has been doing nothing but opening up this new world ;-)

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Priorities:

HIPAA Penalties

42USC1320d-6 Wrongful disclosure of individually identifiable health information

(a) Offense

A person who knowingly and in violation of this part-

(1) uses or causes to be used a unique health identifier;

(2) obtains individually identifiable health information relating to
an individual; or

(3) discloses individually identifiable health information to another person,

shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

(b) Penalties

A person described in subsection (a) shall-

(1) be fined not more than $50,000, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both;